Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A year ago today...

...I started this blog, my journey toward A Peaceful Life. I want to take a minute to remember all that has transpired in this year:
  1. Marty and I celebrated the 1-year anniversary of being matched on eHarmony. Though we'll never do a commercial (you wouldn't believe the numbers of people who tell us to do so), we will forever be grateful for this 21st-century way of meeting that someone special, and for that unique blend of magic (divine perhaps?) that eHarmony offers.
  2. My parents gave us a wedding reception in Indiana.
  3. We celebrated the onset of autumn with Leslie.
  4. We found out we were expecting a baby!!!
  5. I fulfilled a life-long dream of visiting the Big Apple, and enjoyed it so much, even though I was battling some heinous morning sickness!
  6. We discovered, much to our surprise, that we were having a BOY!
  7. I was able to visit my favorite city, Charleston, SC, twice! Once for a girl's weekend with Leslie and Christa, and once to have a babymoon with Marty.
  8. I enjoyed 3 baby showers, one in Mississippi, one in Indiana, and one in Tennessee.
  9. We had a 3-D/4-D ultrasound and saw our little William.
  10. And then finally, finally, finally, our son was born!
  11. We celebrated our first-year anniversary, and my amazing husband surprised me with a diamond ring!

It would be silly to say that I handled all of the above with the peace that I so deeply long for, but I can be honest and say that I try to achieve that peace in every moment, or at least that I want to always be trying for it. It's a process, though, and sometimes I just utterly fail (like during labor, and to be frank, during these postpartum days). But because life is so very, very precious, it's my goal to be ever-conscious of the value of each moment, and to cherish each moment with peaceful gratitude. Here's to another year of doing so, or at least trying!

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a year - my goodness! Here's to a peaceful 2nd year of blog life!