Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, February 16, 2009

Announcing...

Hello everyone!

My mommy and daddy are ecstatic to announce that I'm a BOY!!!
Yes, I sure fooled my mommy. She was so shocked to hear the news and see the visual proof that she told Daddy, "the universe just shifted!" She was really expecting me to be a girl, but Mommy has already told me a dozen times today that she's so proud of her little man and couldn't be happier about my coming arrival into the world. (By the way, Mommy has a picture of the proof but can't seem to bring herself to post pictures of my privates on the Internet, so y'all will just have to believe us!)
Just wanted to let you all know what keeps me busy during the day. Yes, I've begun kicking my mommy in earnest now and sometimes she even feels me do my barrel-rolls!

I also like to suck my thumb...

...and ponder on the meaning of life...

...when I'm not practicing my football kick!
Oh, silly me! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is...

~William Champion Conway~

Mommy and Daddy are going to call me "Will" when Daddy is not calling me "Champ." William is one of mommy's favorite names of all time -- very British, she says -- and Champion is my great-grandma's maiden name. My daddy dearly loved his Grandma Lucic and wants to honor her in this way.
One other thing; my daddy took this picture of my mommy this morning before they went to the doctor's office and I rocked their world! See how big I'm getting in there?

As soon as Mommy is off work today, she and Daddy are going to go shopping for me. They've waited this long and Mommy says she just can't wait anymore!

p.s. My Mommy profusely apologizes for referring to me as "she" before now. She'll amend this.

9 comments:

Kate said...

The Katies were right! :) Wishing many blessings on the three of you!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats Becky!

Sarah said...

A boy!! How exciting! ANd William is a great name--I rather like it myself.

Amy said...

Congratulations, Becky! And what a great name! So I guess you'll have to amend the plan of matchmaking with as yet unnamed Baby Boy DeVries! :)

The Mrs. said...

So exciting!!! loooove the name!

Aimee said...

See, what did I tell you...I knew he was a boy?!?! I am so happy for you and Marty!! Congratulations!!!

ei said...

Yay! Boys rule! Hello, Baby Will. (I always wanted to use that name for a boy, but I dated one in h.s. and would hate for anyone who knew us then to think there was some sort of pining away.)
Now all that planning can really take off. Congrats!

The Shabby Princess said...

Hi William!!! Congrats, Becky. You'll raise a wonderful little boy. My bosses son is named William, and he's just the cutest. She calls him "William Yum"--cute, huh? Congrats!! I need to send you some cute baby boy things now!!!!

Tonia said...

Yay! A sweet little boy. I love the name William. Enjoy shopping for your little man! There is something about mommy's little boy! Of course there is something sweet about mommy's little girl too :) How exciting!!