Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Today

Exactly a year ago today, a conversation began between two people...

I first spoke with Marty on August 21, 2007. He sent me a communication over eHarmony (yes, some of you don't know that...I swear I'll tell the whole story here some time soon!) and I responded. He actually got in under the wire; I had been cleaning out my account on that site when I saw his message and his profile. The words "master's degree in English" practically peeled my eyelids back, and I wrote him back, hoping (if nothing else) to talk to someone who loved literature like I do and who could perhaps be a friend.

Today that friend is my husband. Today I'm playing on Shutterfly, building a wedding album with over 300 amazing pictures -- and countless incredible memories -- of our wedding just a month ago.

Today I am praising the Creator of heaven and earth and all things perfect and beautiful for bestowing on me the love of my life, the best friend I've ever had, the prince on a white steed straight out of the fairy tales. True love does exist, friends, and it's the most real thing in my life.

Today I am thankful for my Marty! Happy anniversary, my Sweetheart!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All together now. . .AWWWWWWW!

Becky said...

Wait til you see the rest of the pictures...you're going to hurt your jaw saying "AWWWWWW"!!!