Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Indiana wants me

For all my Hoosier friends and family, Marty and Will and I will be hitting the road this evening, bound for Indy. I have NO IDEA how this is going to go. We're breaking up the journey by stopping in Lexington, KY, tonight, so as not to push our little son past his limits (but what are those limits? We don't even know!).

The goal is to see my grandfather for his 87th birthday and to introduce him to his newest great-grandson. And also so that Will's Nanna can have more time with him, since she practically cries on the phone when she hears him cooing and making all his other baby noises. And so my Mama can fix me a cup of tea, and I can sit at her kitchen table and feel that all is right with the world.

We don't have any other agenda besides probably visiting Josh & Jen's church on Sunday (sorry, y'all, I can't remember the name of your church!), but if you want to visit Orchard Lane while we're in town, give my cell phone a buzz.

Wish us Godspeed on this (reckless? foolish? new-parent-crazy?) trip of ours!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

My heart just breaks to know that I missed you this weekend. Ugh. Hope you had a lovely time that, I'm sure, was filled every second with people appreciating your sweet little miracle. Maybe next time!

Becky said...

Trust me, the weekend did NOT go as planned, in many, many ways. My grandpa ended up in the hospital and I barely saw my own parents, let alone friends. Plus, the driving exhausted our little one, so I think we're going to wait to make the trip again until he's a little bit older and tolerates several hours in his carseat a bit better. Anyway, all that to say, I'm also more than a little upset that I missed a chance to see you. We just need to move home already.

Teri said...

I was going to call you today to see what you were doing, but it sounds like you're back in TN already. It sounds like you had quite a visit.

The Shabby Princess said...

Wow, just saw your comment there--sorry the trip did not go as expected, but, hope you're having a good day today--and happy Friday!