Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, December 5, 2008

What's been keeping me from blogging?

Just a little something...

The picture is upside-down because my bebe is upside-down inside me right now (click on it for a better view; you can see eyes, arms, and even the umbilical cord near the bottom)! Yes, we are greatly anticipating the arrival of our little one in early July. I'm 9 weeks right now, and even though all the books tell you to wait for the 12th week to make your announcement, it seems bizarre to not publicly acknowledge your child, no matter how tiny it is! I have been GREATLY blessed in my OB/GYN here in Johnson City, especially after having had such a great doctor in Indiana (I didn't think I'd be so fortunate twice!). Dr. Hinton is kind, funny, clever, jovial, warm, and sweet. Seriously, he's all of the above. He listens to my concerns and actually acts on them when necessary. We've had two ultrasounds already as a result; the first one at 6 weeks showed such a wee little thing but it already had that lovely beating heart! Our second ultrasound was just a few days ago, and it showed a much bigger baby than before (I can't believe how fast they grow in these early weeks) with a strong heartbeat (176 bpm). The baby even moved a little during the ultrasound, which surprised us all, even the good doctor! Apparently they don't move a whole lot during this time but it was such a blessing to this mama's heart to see her little one dance around in that warm pool of water!

Pregnancy so far has been something of a challenge for me. Nothing seems to prepare you for the physical and emotional onslaught. I've been a textbook pregnant woman, feeling very sick to my stomach at random times throughout the day, gagging at food smells (I plug my nose when opening the refrigerator; there's nothing smelly in there but I can SMELL things!), craving good things (cherry tomatoes) and bad things (Chips Ahoy!), weeping over anything and everything. Not to mention the fatigue! I have felt so useless at times, watching my hubby do all the meal preparation and clean-up. I just sit in a heap on the couch, moaning with sickness! But what a sweet husband I have. He keeps telling me, Honey, you're doing the REAL hard work, I don't mind doing the little stuff!

In fact, it always feels naughty to complain, even the littlest bit. You see, this baby is a miracle in many ways. We feel blessed beyond measure. The first time we saw the baby's heart beating on the ultrasound, Marty and I locked eyes and the wonder, awe, and joy we felt was and is indescribable. What a gift to have finally found my true place in life, with an amazing man, who I adore, and our child on the way, who I love so dearly. Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gifts!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do I get the distinct impression that this is a boy?! How much longer do we have to wait before we know?

Becky said...

Do you? Mama swears she feels it's a girl. Marty also has an inkling toward a girlie. I simply don't know -- I waffle back and forth between the two "feelings" (such as they are). I honestly don't care -- I just want a warm, pink, chubby-with-health baby!

Becky said...

Oh sorry, I forgot to answer your question. We'll have our find-out-the-gender ultrasound at 20 weeks, which is...toward the end of February.

ashley said...

Oh my gosh, I am SOOOOO thrilled for you! :-D I know how much you've been wanting your little one. I hope all your morning sickness goes away and you have a wonderful pregnancy!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the new little life that is growing inside of you! When I tell people I am anxious, they say, "just wait, this is the beginning of worrying!" I figure I have a whole lifetime ahead of me to be concerned about this child!

Congratulations again and thank you for your words.

Sarah said...

Oh my word!! Big congratulations on your little miracle!

Kate said...

Again, congratulations from the Cold North, where we are so happy for you. Much love and snuggles to Wee Baby.

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Yah! And Congratulations!I agree, babies are such a miracle and gift! Becky I am so happy for you and your hubby.

I had a lot of sickness with my two as well. But it was totally worth it.

I look forward to hearing more about your litle one. :-)

Unknown said...

Wow - Congratulations Becky! Pregnancy is INSANE but so joyful! :) Just wait until the baby is big enough you can feel the movement - I STILL smile every time Sesame flips, rolls or kicks me! :) I pray the Lord continues to bless this time in your life. Take it all in. :)