Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Fun at the orchard

On Saturday morning, Leslie, Marty and I piled into the car and took a trip to Altapass Orchard in North Carolina by way of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I still don't know which part of the trip was better -- the actual orchard or the beauty and grandeur set out for our viewing enjoyment on the Blue Ridge Parkway! As Leslie said, "it's like a show just for us."
At the orchard, we took in the mountains and the apples and the mountains of apples:Then we took in the bluegrass band playing their good ole tunes and all the folks who were clogging and dancing in the crisp air...

We ate hot dogs and pulled pork sandwiches and pumpkin cake while the band sang "Rocky Top" (I really felt like a true Tennessee girl!). Then we drank some hot apple cider before beginning our frolic in the apple barn and the orchard.

It was truly the perfect fall experience. We had so much fun! Thanks again, my Leslie, for having this brilliant idea and letting us tag along on your journey to "fall for fall." Thanks also for the amazing pictures! Please come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

I LOVE that last photo. I hope you frame it!

Kate said...

Lovely people! Lovely scenery! Lovely lovely.

Anonymous said...

You're so cute, Worm. I love that picture of you peeking around the barn door. That's very Wormie-ish. Wish I could have been there.

Becky said...

I wish my whole family lived within a 10-mile radius of me! I would have loved to see the babies (Sarah's kids for those who don't know this term in my family) run and play in the orchard. Especially that little one...he has a 1800-watt smile.

Garrett'nSarah said...

My favorite would have to be the perfect hand in hand "rule of thirds" shot. WONDERFUL eye Les.
If I ever would have a dream job it would be creating portraits with the warmest memories of my subjects' lives.

Really great job Leslie.

Becky said...

Isn't she fant-ab-ulous? I can't get over her talent and artistry. I'm jealous of you photographers...I wish I knew the secrets and magic to beautiful photos!

~Ellen~ said...

Wow!! Kudos to all who took a photo in this...they're freakin' phenomenal! (Course it helps to have beautiful subjects...hehe.)

Becky said...

That would be all of us! Though most of the photos are courtesy of my Leslie. Have I mentioned she's an excellent wedding photographer?

~Ellen~ said...

LOL...have I mentioned I need someone to marry before I have any use for a wedding photographer? LOL...Actually - I'd love some nice pictures of me and the dogs! Really! BTW I have started a new blog...you inspired me. http://29andcounting1.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

BECKY! :) My how time has flown! I can't believe you are happily married. Congratulations! How's TN treating you??? It looks like you are enjoying life these days. I know, can you believe Conrad and I are expecting in January?! AH! Conrad has already declared that the child will be doing Physics by age 3 months to which I replied "No, they will be reading Shakespeare." :) Glad you found my little piece of the internet.

Megan Kelley Hall said...

Thanks for entering the Mabel's House contest to win my debut suspense novel, SISTERS OF MISERY! Even if you don't win, I hope you get a chance to read and enjoy it!

xoxo
Megan Kelley Hall

P.S. Love your pictures!