Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, February 6, 2009

Happiness

Happiness is, in no particular order,
  1. Getting to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time yesterday. We've seen the heart beating on ultrasound 3 times now, but no audio. During our visit yesterday, the doctor whipped out the regular ole doppler and found Baby's heart beating right away. She tried to stimulate the baby to move a bit but my child refused to budge. I couldn't help but laugh -- this little person is so much like his mother. When we're napping, please leave us alone! But what a reassuring, sweet musical sound: whoosh-whoosh-whoosh. It almost sounded to me like the steady beat of a dog panting! I'm just weird, probably. Biggest news of all: we're tentatively scheduled for the big gender-discovery ultrasound on President's Day, February 16th! We specifically asked for that day because Marty, as a government employee, gets that day off (don't get me started on all the government holidays, so jealous!). Therefore, I'm going to post a poll -- please vote on whether you think it's a boy or a girl!
  2. The fact that this little girl went home from the hospital yesterday. Just about 3 weeks ago, I asked everyone to join me in praying for Harper and her family. At that point it was unclear if she would survive. Today this darling little girl is at home, sleeping in her own crib, healed from pneumonia. God is good. He is so very good. I feel privileged to have joined with hundreds of others praying for this very outcome!
  3. Getting to sleep here last night:Yes, our mattresses finally came (after a snow delay, curses on you snow!) and we finally moved into the bedroom where our bed frame has been sitting, quite lonely, for several months. Excuse the wrinkly appearance of the duvet, I should have steamed it but oh that's right, I'm fresh out of steamers (and there's no way I'm ironing a king-size duvet). I used to work in an upscale department store and I got addicted to those upright, hand-held steamers. It's now going on the "to buy" list!
  4. Reading this book:Yes, you heard me right. Judge me all you want, this book was ridiculously good. I enjoyed nearly everything about it. I jumped on the Twilight wagon quite late (nope, didn't see the movie), but I'm now a huge fan. I would never have thought I'd be interested in a vampire love story, but that's how engaging this book really is. I'm jealous of the author, her writing is so seemingly effortless! Marty and I have a Barnes and Noble date tonight to pick up the sequel, and maybe the next one, too! Did I mention I just bought this book on Monday? Couldn't put it down!
  5. The fact that it's Friday. I love weekends with my hubby. We're going to see our dear friends Mike and Jen and their babies on Saturday night, and I love hanging out with them. Other than that, it will be a quiet weekend of bliss inside our marital bubble! Have a fabulous weekend everyone (and stop by your local bookstore to pick up Twilight!).

8 comments:

Kate said...

I voted! I voted boy b/c I think it'd be fun to have our kiddos be the same...but I know I'm going to against Mamma Waltz's gut, so I'm probably wrong!

Becky said...

But if it's a girl, then my daughter's future husband is set in stone, right?

Sarah said...

Just wait until you read the next books!! So good!

Unknown said...

I voted girl! :) I think Nelluanne needs a playmate if you're going to be in Indiana! :)

Anonymous said...

I tried to get you to go watch that movie with me when I came down to Tennessee! And Christopher won't watch it with me because he says it looks too teenage-y. Guess I'm on my own.

I voted boy. I've thought it was a boy since very early on.

The Shabby Princess said...

Yay for hearing the heartbeat!! You find out the gender so soon! I need to see belly pics to make my choice on the boy or girl guess.

Tee hee.

And, beautiful bed and duvet! Love it!

Liz Harrell said...

So exciting that you heard the heartbeat! I'm so happy for you both. :)

Tonia said...

I LOVED the Twilight books. Oh my gosh, I couldn't wait to get to the next one!! Keep reading!!