Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quickening

You know how they say a watched pot never boils? Apparently the key to finally getting to feel your baby kick is to become totally engrossed in something else and forget all about even being pregnant for awhile! Which is just what happened a little while ago. My work today is quite mentally taxing, so I was layers and layers deep into it when all of a sudden, I felt an unmistakeable kick. I've felt little flutterings before, but nothing I could say with certainty was the baby moving or kicking. But this...this was without a doubt the baby kicking me, because just about a minute later, he kicked me again! I think he got uncomfortable and was just rearranging, but his moment of discomfort was my moment of pure joy!!!

Thank you, my sweet baby, for kicking your mama after repeated pleadings to do so. Mommy will remember this act of obedience, that's one free get-out-of-jail card for you!

3 comments:

ashley said...

Hooray! That's exciting! :-) We have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday too! Ours is the 12-week one, so we still have 6 or so weeks before finding out the gender. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! Is it possible that it seems like you've been pregnant forever?! I cannot wait to meet this little person. Boy or girl, I am betting on beautiful coal black hair, like you had when we were kids. I don't want to rush this pregnancy because I want you to enjoy the experience, but please come soon July!!!

Tonia said...

YAY!! That is such a sweet moment when you can finally feel it. And it just gets better and better! How fun for you. Enjoy your Valentine weekend!