Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Charleston pictures II, or why antiquing rocks my world

Okay, so these aren't technically pictures of Charleston, but they are pictures of items I bought in Charleston! And at my favorite antiques store, no less, which I mentioned in this post.

Christa can testify, I kinda went a little geeked when I saw these Wedgwood china Peter Rabbit dishes, made in England, of course! When Marty and I were registering for baby items a couple weeks back, we saw mostly practical dishes and only a few keepsake dishes, all of which I hated (I had seen some beauties in Tiffany's in New York, but who has hundreds of dollars for baby dishes?). I think even little men need some "good china" for their important holidays and "firsts," so you can count on me using these dishes for his first bowl of cereal, his first Thanksgiving, and so on! Hopefully I can use them for all our children and they'll survive my inherent clumsiness.
the set of three: plate, bowl, and mug

the plate, up close (can you read the precious words?)

the bowl, up close

the mug's front

and finally, the mug's back

Not only do I look forward to feeding him cream of wheat and bananas from his dishes, I also can't wait to snuggle my little boy up in a blanket and rock him and read to him from Beatrix Potter's sweet and delightful stories. How precious and innocent and perfect will that be???

9 comments:

AEG said...

This so much reminds me of my baby brother. His WHOLE nursery was Peter Rabbit theamed. He had the china too. My grandmother even got him the ornaments.

I just adore Peter!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you almost make me want to have a little one of my own. ALMOST.

Unknown said...

ADORABLE!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Those are so cute! Congrats on the little guy, I think we're due right around the same time! With a boy too! :)

The Shabby Princess said...

Oh my goodness. I LOOOOVE Peter Rabbit (although, who doesn't, really?) and I even have a Peter Rabbit blanket that my mom made me before she died (um... I was 17 when she made it and love it). Ah, what a great find!
PS. Do you want me to Fed Ex you some brownies? hee hee

Kate said...

Naughty Peter, Naughty Peter! Adele loved the pictures and I love the dishes! Very adorable. I just ordered a P.R. baby book; couldn't resist. He's perfect for little boys.

Lindsey said...

So adorably cute!!!

Sarah said...

So sweet! I still have the dishes i used when I was little. Anna Claire will get to use them!

Thank you for your comment today!

The Mrs. said...

So perfect!!! Coco got these for the shower and they are so darn cute!