Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Product love, won't you join me?

***Okay, readers, this is a post requiring participation. In fact, I'm going to make this one of those "tag" posts wherein I gently peer-pressure my fellow bloggers into joining my party.
I love getting product recommendations. Heck, I just plain love products. Anything that promises to make my life easier, tastier, cleaner, prettier, more efficient -- sign me up. Here are some of my faves!

*IZZE sparkling juices.
I've tried the peach, clementine, and pomegranate flavors (and the latter is my favorite). Because they are all-natural -- featuring 70% juice and a splash of sparkling water -- you won't find them in the soda aisle, but rather, in the organic foods section of your grocery store (at least it's shelved that way in Kroger). So you won't see them next to diet Cokes, but IZZEs are better than sodas, and I'm quite the connoisseur! I love soda but being pregnant, I don't need the caffeine, sugar, or artificial sweeteners. I can't think of a better alternative and honestly, IZZEs will stay in my pantry long after my baby is born!

*Panera's honey-wheat bread with a spreading of Country Crock and Dickinson's Marion Blackberry preserves.
Speaking of being a connoisseur of something, my mama makes homemade strawberry jam, straight out of her own garden. Yes, many a June morning growing up I'd come downstairs to the kitchen to the smell of gently boiling strawberries in a great big vat on the stove. There is nothing like that smell in the whole world! Thus, I'm an absolute Nazi about strawberry jams and won't eat it unless it's my mama's, but of course, she sets the bar pretty darn high when it comes to fruit jams in general! So it's with absolute confidence in my "refined palette" that I recommend Dickinson's Marion Blackberry preserves! (Oh, and do try Panera's fresh breads...better than ANYthing you can find at the market!)

*Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day liquid hand soap in lavender.
I recently went on a bit of a spree at Drugstore.com (I heart that site) and decided to try this hand soap; I think I've read at least half a dozen bloggers recommending this product. And it did not disappoint! This is the kind of soap that will have you smelling your hands after you've washed and dried them. Now that I know how much I love the hand soap, I think I'll give the other products a whirl -- household cleaners, laundry detergent, etc.

*Old product, new use...Johnson's Baby Lotion!
I feel like I've been using Johnson's baby lotion my entire life (and maybe I have, come to think of it!). I love the soft smell and the great moisturizing you get from this product, and I've also noticed it's a good "layering" product; ie, you can use this lotion right out of the shower, then layer on a fragrance, and the fragrance seems to "stick" better to your skin and because Johnson's is so mild, the fragrance doesn't fight for center stage! My new favorite use for Johnson's is on my burgeoning belly. I tried the famous Belly Butter, but ended up having some kind of weird allergic reaction to it. I've also tried Burt's Bees Mama Bee Butter, which I also like, but my standby, tried-and-true fave has to be Johnson's...and guess what? At nearly 25 weeks, I have ZERO stretch marks. That's right! No marks, no lines, no nothing. Of course, I'm prepared for this to change, but everyone who's had the privilege(?) of seeing my bare belly has commented that it's a very cute one, because it's free of blemish!

Okay, blogging friends, it's that time where I call on you to leave me a good product recommendation. Leave a comment and I will continue to update this blog post with a link to your blog and the product you've recommended. Hopefully, we'll gather together a good list of great products! Vive la products!!! :)

1. Sarah says, Vaseline Intensive Rescue Lotion is great for super dry skin!
2. Kate says, Burt's Bees Pomegranate and Soy Conditioner works for the whole family, and Yoplait's Thick & Creamy Key Lime yogurt is a delish dessert.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am with you on the Dickinson's!! Loove that stuff--so delicious! Products I am loving right now, hmmm...Vaseline's Intensive Rescue Lotion. This lotion is great for super dry skin!

Thanks for the comments today. i appreciate them. I am taking your words to heart, and have been thinking about looking for a new job. I'm doing a lot of praying about it, praying for God to guide me.

Kate said...

I'm not much of a product person, but there are 2 that I will always be faithful to. Burts Bees Pomegranate & Soy Conditioner is great for my hair, Dan's, and Adele's. I LOVE the smell. And my all-time favorite snack/dessert is Yoplait's Thick & Creamy Key Lime Pie yogurt. Yum yum.

The Shabby Princess said...

You are speaking my language with the sparkling juice and the blackberry preserves. We're meant to be friends!!!

I'm on a spending freeze, so, I can't find new products to love, but, I'll have to post about some that I already DO love...

Alison said...

I love it!! I will answer this "post" and do some of my favs soon! I can't wait to try your suggestions!

Have a great weekend!

Lindsey said...

LOVE sparkling juice! Mmm now I'm craving it!