Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A quick check-in...

...to let everyone know that I'm back in Tennessee and will (finally!) be responding to now-old emails and blog comments and such, and to also give an FYI: my phone is eating missed calls and messages, and will occasionally spew them back out, but only days and days later when the caller fully expected a call back well before then! I also get texts weirdly out of order and sometimes, not for hours and hours after they've been sent (Ellen can testify to this; she was with me in the mall when I got a text, from her, that she'd sent a couple hours before!). I don't know if it's the phone (old) or the service (unreliable), but I know it's not me (angry). However, I'm sure some of you are thinking it is me and I want to just send out this universal message: if you tried to contact me and I didn't get back to you within a couple days, my phone probably ate your message and it might decide to give it back come next March! My friend Leslie and I used to call this the "bad secretary" syndrome; Leslie has quite the notorious history with cell phones and I have a history of attracting drama just when I really don't want any (like when I'm on a long visit to Indiana to see family and friends and must RELY on my phone!). Anyway, please blame my bad secretary and give Becky another chance. As per usual, email is generally the best way to get ahold of me, although if it's not semi-urgent, sometimes it does take me a few days to respond. So if you tried before, please try, try again!

Coming soon: a little write-up, with pictures of course, on my extended stay in Indiana. Also, Will at 2 months, and finally, "I wish it were 'eternity leave': musings on the end of maternity leave." Stay tuned!

No comments: