Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

Monday Daybook

Because I'm completely unoriginal and because imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I'm going to follow Kate's lead and do...

Outside my window...what looks like an evening in November. It's gray and morose-looking, rather like my mood.

I am thinking...about a family situation. I feel downright rage toward some people who have hurt my family. I mean, no one hurts my family. I don't let them. That's how I feel, anyway. I have been having imaginings about hurtful things I could do in response, but what keeps going through my head is a memory of saying the Lord's Prayer in church yesterday..."forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us." Very, very hard today.

I am thankful for... my husband. Always my husband.

From the kitchen... expressed breast milk. Nothing else! Today was my first day back at work and it was all I could do to keep pace again; my brain is half-rotted from so many weeks of reprieve from concentration. I think Marty's making burgers, though, so at least I won't starve, and maybe next week I'll have my act together in the kitchen.

I am creating... an organized home. Worked all weekend on drawers, cabinets, closets, etc.

I am going... to take a bath as soon as this post is written. Hallelu!

I am reading... One Fifth Avenue. Still. It's an easy read but it's long!

I am hoping... that Marty gets a job in Indiana soon.

I am hearing... Sports Center on ESPN, as Marty and Will gear up for Monday night football featuring none other than my Colts. I'm also hearing Will suck loudly on his pacifier.

Around the house... is too much stuff. Thus the organizing of it all.

One of my favorite things... house slippers. Just bought some turquoise and plum slippers from Target, and I think I'm going to buy another pair for when these give out.

p.s. -- this is not the end of The List. It shall be resurrected soon.

No comments: