Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

under the weather

I have lots of tales and pictures to share from the last week and our trip to Mississippi, but those will have to wait for a couple days.

I am currently sneezing and sniffling and going through Kleenex like crazy. It hurts to talk, swallow, even breathe. My eyes are red and watery from fever and sinus pressure. The worst part is that my OB/GYN's office won't just call me in a prescription. Nooooo -- make the sick pregnant girl get out of her jammies just to come into the office, say "ahh," and be told what she already knows to be true: it's a raging sinus infection and I need an antibiotic. I'm 32 years old and I've had at least a dozen sinus infections in my time; seriously, this is not rocket science, nor anything requiring a doctor's time and my energy (what little I have) to diagnose. Can you tell I'm a little bit bitter? (Especially since I called yesterday and they ignored me until 5 pm last night, and are only just squeezing me in today! Apparently you have to be in labor to get any attention from an OB/GYN's office.)

In the meantime, I'm trying to work and meet a deadline, all the while I'm longing for my pillow and comforter and the bliss of sleep. And Panera's baked potato soup. Hopefully I'll be in a better state and better spirits soon!

3 comments:

ashley said...

You poor thing!!

One of the times I was vomiting and couldn't stop, I called the OB/GYN and tried to get an appt to come in hoping they'd give me some relief. The receptionist didn't want me to come in because she assumed I had a sinus infection and she didn't want me getting the other preggo ladies sick! I had to work to convince her it was a migraine, not an infection, etc. etc.

Gah! Seems like you just can't win with doctor's offices.

Sarah said...

Aaawww..sweetie! I hope you feel better soon--take it easy!

Kristen said...

Ah, sickness and pregnancy. I feel for you - had raging bronchitis with both boys. Hope you're slowly recovering. OH, and thanks for planting the Panera soup thought. I can't shake the desire to go now :)