Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Random thoughts and April showers

Marty and I closed out the month of March in the most apt way possible, given the difficulty of the month for us: sick from a virus! March just refused to go out on a whimper. But we are starting April feeling somewhat better...I actually have a clear head today, something I haven't had in a couple days, but apparently not clear enough for a cohesive post, so here are my quite random thoughts today:
  • I want rain boots. Galoshes? I don't care what they're called, I just want 'em. I know SteinMart sells really cute ones for pretty cheap, so I think I'll be paying them a visit. Isn't the pair shown above especially darling? How cute would they be with a spring-ish petal pink 3/4-length sweater and your favorite jeans? We had a terrific thunderstorm last night that woke me up with rain pounding against our windows, and it tends to stay pretty wet and misty in the mountains this time of year, so I think I can certainly consider rain boots a "need"??? :)
  • Notice my pregnancy ticker? Yeah, I'm down to the double digits. Just 99 days to go. It feels I've arrived at this point rather quickly and too slow, simultaneously. And what a dose of reality -- that's just a tad over 3 months! We are going to start stocking up on diapers this weekend. I've read on another pregnant girl's blog where moms gave diaper recommendations, but I'd certainly welcome those here, too!
  • I've seen my baby shower invitation. My sister sent a scan to me as a sneak preview and I burst into joyful, amazed tears. My sisters are awesome and know me so well. And it's just so...William. I love it, love it, love it. Once the invitations have been sent out, I'll post it here.
  • Please read this blog post about feeling anxiety in these uncertain times facing our country...it really encouraged me.
  • I finally finished the Twilight series of books. (And yes, I stood in line at Wal-Mart at midnight on the 20th/21st when the DVD came out -- boy, was that a hoot. Marty and I felt nearly geriatric compared to most of the other people waiting in that line! And yes, I loved the movie, but yes, I can see where, if you haven't read the books, you might sense gaps in the story/plot/character development. So yes, read the books!) I loved this series, but Stephenie Meyer (the author) really slowed down in the middle of Book 4. Or my interest started to lag...I can't decide which. However, she picked it back up just in time to end the story well! I can't wait for the next movie.
  • Once again, I need book recommendations. We're going on a Barnes & Noble date tonight, and I've been perusing the store online, looking for something to catch my interest. I'm definitely wanting something a little more grown-up and intellectual, but it doesn't have to be non-fiction or history, like I normally read after I've read an "indulgence" book (usually chick lit, or in this most recent case, adolescent literature!). Any recommendations?

Well, we're supposed to have April showers nearly all weekend, so I'm definitely thinking of picking up those rain boots, buying a new book, and maybe going to the movies with my hubby. Should be a good weekend, but I'm hoping this is one of the very last in which I'm doing cozy, indoor activities! Sunshine, please come to Tennessee!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Book rec's: I've been told by a very reliable source to read that one recent pub. about Letters from Guernsey (really long title), a book called Peace Like a River, and a book called Gilead. Don't know a thing about any of the 3, but hey, take a look at 'em and see!
Happy galoshing! I love galoshes and always have. I still have that black polka-dot pair I got at your Steinmart years ago...

Kate said...

p.s. I loved those newborn Huggies with the Cord Care curve to them. I'm still a Huggies fanatic, but I think it's just the way each kid is built; Adele leaks with Pampers.

ashley said...

Re diapers: I haven't started my stockpile yet, but here's a good blog post from a new mother about diapers (she links to a few other posts she's written on the same subject).

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

Two thoughts (perhaps both random) - I'm seeing a trend with diaper recommendations with my mommy circle. We seem to prefer Huggies with girls and Pampers with boys, mostly due to leak issues. Being a mom of boys, I have to agree. I'm just sayin' :)
Secondly - thank you very much (both sarcastically and truly) for your push to read the Twilight series. Pure indulgence, but ooh, so good. I'm halfway through "Eclipse" and I forget to inhale for pages! I watched the movie last week and loved it, but agree with you that it's no substitute. XOXO!

Unknown said...

LOVE Pampers Swaddlers!!! I must say that the sensitive ones ROCK because when they're wet/dirty a magical line on the diaper turns from yellow to blue. :) Of course you soon get to the point where you just stick your finger in the diaper! :) I watched Twilight today - I hope the books move faster then the film! How are you feeling these days - apart from the virus??