Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, October 17, 2008

Random thoughts

  • I'm really irritated at the ending of Project Runway. Kenley was my favorite, and she didn't have an attitude, she was just...emotional. Yeah, that's it. (Okay, she had an attitude. But even though Kenley snapped at him, the great Tim Gunn forgave and called her "sweetheart.") Anyway, I loved her Bryant Park collection, especially this dress. Leanne's collection was just...blah. Yeah, the petals are a cool feature and all, but the colors? Yawn. The styles? I wouldn't wear 'em.
  • I just found a new show. Well, it's new to me. Has anyone watched "Samantha Who?" It's an adorable comedy featuring Christina Applegate. I watched a couple episodes online here.
  • I've re-fallen in love with Real Simple magazine. I had a subscription for a few years and let it lapse when...well, when normal life lapsed for awhile. In unpacking all my things, I found about 3 years' worth of old issues and I've discovered (again) that these magazines are worth their weight in gold, with all the fun recipes, advice, tips, and heartwarming stories. Real Simple, I shall never leave thee again.
  • I can't wait to move out of this apartment. (But wait, Becky, didn't you just move in? Yes, we did. Keep reading.) Our lease will be up in May, and when the time comes, we're going to find a great place to rent (hopefully even a house) where I can a) paint the walls (I'm sick to my soul of cream-colored walls) and b) get a puppy. I work from home and I need a little friend to have with me for the 10+ hours that Marty is gone. I think I want a yellow lab. Marty and I are still debating the gender. (I want a boy dog, and I want to name him Pilot. Oh yes, like Mr. Rochester's dog in Jane Eyre. Marty wants a girl dog because he thinks a boy dog, especially one who spends all day with me, wouldn't feel much loyalty for the man of the house. We watch a lot of Dog Whisperer, and I have to admit, Marty has a point, being the alpha male of the pack and all that.)
  • I found an absolutely lovely blog called this is glamorous. On it, I found this picture, which screams Becky at the top of its lungs:

  • And that's it for now! Everyone have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Liz Harrell said...

If I lived in a room that beautiful and perfect, I might go into shock. :)

Kate Ambrose said...

Hey Becky,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've been kind of MIA due to the birth of little Claire.

I'll be stopping by to check and see what you're up to. I've really enjoyed your blog so far. That picture is beautiful!

What part of Indiana did you live in?

-Kate

Becky said...

Hey Kate!
Thanks for paying me (er, my blog)a visit! Congratulations again on the birth of your sweet babe.
I lived in Greenwood (and various other spots on the southside of Indy) all my life, with the exception of a 3-year stint in Michigan for college. Now I'm settled happily in the mountains of east Tennessee but we're already wondering how long we'll be here. Oh well, Marty is my home now!
I still make it up to Indy quite often to see my family; maybe we can get together some time!
Best wishes for your growing family!

Anonymous said...

I was under the impression that you wanted a female black lab that you were going to name Bronte. I love that name. I would name my daughter Bronte if Christopher would let me (he won't).

Becky said...

You will think this is silly, but I don't want a black puppy simply because of all the black "presents" (fur!) he or she will leave around the house. At least a blond puppy will leave less noticeable presents. And I did want to use Bronte but Marty was sold on the name Pilot as soon as I suggested it. Bronte is better suited for a person...maybe I can sneak it in as a middle name for a child someday?