Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 13, 2008

the October list

So I've been wanting to keep a master list somewhere of things I'm doing, things I'm needing to get done, and just random other items floating in my head, and I thought, why not my blog? That way, all of my friends can keep me encouraged and headed in the right direction, yes? Without further ado, here's my first list!

  • What I'm reading: Body in the Gallery, by Katherine Hall Page. Faith of My Fathers, by John McCain (no, I'm not a Republican but yes, I'm generally a McCain fan...and I'm reading this book less for voting research purposes and more because I admire war heroes and I want to know what his Vietnam experience was like, and no, I have no idea why I feel the need to vociferously defend my reading choices!). I need some new book recommendations, by the way...
  • What we're spending on: getting the carpets, tile, and furniture upholstery in our apartment cleaned (not my favorite thing to spend money on, but soooo worth it).
  • What we're saving for: king-size mattresses. And a house (a few years down the road).
  • What I need to do: send the rest of the wedding thank-you notes. Clean my house in anticipation of Leslie's visit this weekend (hurrah! I get to see an actual girlfriend!!!). Organize the storage room/finish going through boxes and bags and take extraneous items to Goodwill. Get joint checking account open with Hubs (this has been a long, tedious process that of course, starts with changing your Social Security information, then driver's license, etc.). Clean and organize office (blecch). Start thinking about Christmas presents (seriously, where did 2008 go?). Finalize Thanksgiving plans.
  • What I'm thinking about: the election and the economy, of course. How to tighten up our grocery spending without sacrificing yumminess/health. My niece, Ada, my dad, and my brother-in-law Christopher, who all celebrate birthdays this month. Also, my friends Leslie and Elisabeth are celebrating birthdays in October. (Have I missed anyone?)
  • What I'm working on: losing weight (at least 20 pounds); I do 30 minutes on the treadmill at least 3 times a week, but I know I need to step it up (literally). Being more focused during the day/becoming more efficient in my job.
  • What I'm happy about: the strength and wisdom of my husband, and the joy in our marriage. My cousin Tom becoming a daddy last week, at long last. My friend Ellen finalizing her next great career move soon, probably this week. Getting to go home to Indy in a couple weeks.

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hey dearest! Did you know there's a widget thingy on Blogger for lists? You could add these to the sidebar and then just delete & add as necessary. Might be fun. Love to Leslie this weekend!

Alison said...

This is a great list! Blogs are the pefect place to keep track of things! Good luck with all you have going on!

Have a great day!

Becky said...

There is? I wouldn't know because there's something wonky with my template and I can't add/delete/play with it like normal people can with their blogs. It's one of those things I have to figure out...in fact, it should have appeared on my list! Anyway, that's okay; I'm too verbose about the things on my list to confine it to a sidebar. At least for now. :) Thanks though!

AEG said...

Thank you so much for stopping by. I will surly keep up with you blog now too!

Congrats and best of luck on this fabulous new life you are forging.

Shannon said...

I love lists. :) Yours is great!

~Ellen~ said...

Hey sexy! We know how that work thing worked out - don't we?! Howdy my long-lost and newly-rediscovered coworker. I love you!