Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

It must be Baby Week

So much going on this week, I just want to jot it down:
  1. First off, I don't want to say much until she posts it on her blog, but my BF Kate gave birth to a young man named Jack this morning. Naturally. As in, no epidural. Who else thinks this woman is a goddess??? I'm beyond pleased that Jack's arrival was safe and healthy for all, and that Kate is reveling in new mommyhood once again. And man-oh-man, I can't wait to join her in that state. William, can you come a wee bit early like your buddy Jack did? Say, 6 weeks from now? Mommy would really, really, really LOVE that!
  2. Tomorrow is a huge Baby day in our household: a) Marty's coworkers are giving us a lunchtime baby shower and we are so excited! I just hope I can find places for the gifts -- we are full-swing into nursery preparation now and I will share pictures just as soon as I can -- but we're already running out of storage for everything! b) We are having our 32-week doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. And I just realized that I totally forgot to share the stats from the 30-week appointment: my fundus measured 32 cms (1 more cm and I would have been whisked off for an ultrasound to make sure Will isn't getting TOO big in there); my BP was excellent at 108/65; and I lost(???) 6 ounces -- I was thrilled at first, but then I started to think maybe Will wasn't getting enough nutrition, but the doctor told us that Will is doing great, and he's getting plenty, and this lack of weight gain is normal for me, at this point. My doctor did say that this probably wouldn't be a trend, so not to get too excited. :) I also have a 30-weeks picture floating around here somewhere, and I'll try to post that when I find it.
  3. Friday we're going for a 3-D/4-D ultrasound! Sadly, we are on the very ledge of the "window of time" for getting good images. Who knew that 32 weeks would be too late for such a thing? But apparently, Will might be too squished up in there to get clear pictures of his face, but we're going to try anyway. Why not? And if we're successful, I'll be sure to post a couple pix here. Someone told my husband that doing this is like "opening our present before Christmas Day" but we don't see it like that at all. We are taking advantage of an amazing technological opportunity to get a good "glimpse" (honestly, that's all it is) of our son as he continues to grow and develop. Of course he'll look different in 6-7 weeks, and of course he'll look different on the outside! Personally, having a picture of his face, no matter how squished or blurry, will probably help me while I'm laboring to get him into the world. And that's priceless to me!
  4. Finally, we are using this upcoming Memorial Day weekend to take a babymoon!!! Yee-haw!!! Okay, so it's 3.5 hours from here and not exactly within the 30-mile radius of home that I'm supposed to observe, but given that I'm a first-time mama with no known complications, we could make it back to our hospital here in JC with plenty of time to spare, if labor were to randomly start. Then again, perhaps it would be even cooler to have William born in Charleston! Yes, that's right, we're headed to Chucktown (one of my favorite places on the whole planet) for 3 whole days. And not just for the rest, peaceful walks on the beach, and good food, but also so my "life photographer" and dear friend Leslie can take some maternity pictures of me/us. She did such an amazing job on our wedding pictures, and we love that she captured "us" and our style, so we'd like to have some maternity pictures done in the same vein. I can't wait to see what she will do! And I also can't wait to just hang out with her and soak up some of her sunshine personality. She is so good for me!

That's all for now, but lots of updates and pictures to come. Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments: