Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Please pray

I have a "blog-friend" in Arkansas named Kelly. We've emailed a couple of times but mostly I feel like I know her well from reading her blog. She is truly a shining spirit and a sweet soul; her happiness and joy bless me often. Kelly and her husband Scott prayed for a baby for a couple of years, and their joy became complete tonight when their baby girl, Harper, was born. Then every new mama's worst nightmare came true: Harper had trouble breathing and it was determined that she has severe pneumonia. This sweet baby is now being transported via helicopter to a children's hospital where she will soon undergo a surgery to save her life.

I can't even begin to express how this distresses me. And I don't think it's just because I'm pregnant and I can only begin to imagine what Kelly is going through. It's more than that -- it's the horror of a small child struggling for life. It's the horror of a child literally being flown away from her mother's eager and empty arms. It's just plain horrible. This is one of those times when faith takes the driver's seat. You either believe that God is good and sovereign -- no matter what, or you abandon that belief. Sometimes the best things in life are the hardest. It's hard to believe when you hear a story like that, but believe I will and believe I must. It is my heart's prayer that sweet Harper be restored to health, and that she be restored to her mama and daddy's loving arms. If you can, please join me in this prayer.

2 comments:

GrannySmithGreen said...

Such kind sweet words for precious baby Harper. Thank you for posting about her. That little baby and her family are in the prayers of THOUSANDS tonight. Imagine, most of them have NEVER met Kelly, and they are praying to God on their behalf. Amazing, touching and wonderful.

We all out in the blogland are praying for you and your baby as well. Hope all is going well.

The Shabby Princess said...

I've been praying for Harper and the family too. Kelly is such an inspiration.