Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What happiness looks like...

In 2 days, we will celebrate 2 months of marital bliss. I know now why that phrase was coined -- because there truly is such a thing.
My Marty: Honey, I can't believe the things you've put yourself through this past week just to make your bride happy and content in her new home. Enduring 2 flights with me on Friday, the world's worst plane passenger, all the while holding my head to your shoulder and rubbing my back and telling me funny stories to keep me from panicking...Then on Sunday, meeting my family members and good-naturedly allowing yourself to be grilled, all the while laughing with them and smiling at me from across the room...Then on Monday, putting in 5 hours of tough work to load up a Budget truck of all my 31 years of accumulated belongings from my parents' house, only to climb into the truck cab to drive 9 hours back home to Tennessee, all the while kissing my hand and telling me I'm beautiful (the unwashed hair in a ponytail, no makeup, and grubby clothes prove that love is blind!)...well, I simply must declare myself the most fortunate woman in this galaxy!

I love you, Sweetheart. Thank you for all that you do, and for being who you are.

No comments: