Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

70s music is far out

Ever play on YouTube? I meandered over there today and I've been immersed in the 70s ever since. Here's a selection of my favorites:


  • Andy Kim, Rock Me Gently
  • Bee Gees, You Should Be Dancing (you have to check this one out; of course it features John Travolta doin' his thang; I have to dedicate this to my dad, who taught me to love falsetto and all things Gibb)
  • ABBA, Take a Chance on Me (this could be my favorite disco tune of all time)
  • Thelma Houston, Don't Leave Me This Way
  • And while we're at it, let's enjoy the opening them to "c.h.i.p.s" (man, doesn't this take you back to a better time???)
  • And the the intro to Greatest American Hero (I accidentally broke my little sister's nose acting this out...oops)

Some softer 70s tunes:


  • Frank Mills, Music Box Dancer (I can't listen to this without tears in my eyes. I'm reminded of my mom driving me to ballet class one time, when this came on the radio, and she told me I was "her little ballerina." This song was my favorite for years and years.)
  • John Denver, Annie's Song

Tell me some of your favorites!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your ABBA choice. That one is my favorite! Christopher does fabulous back-up for me when I sing it. But what would the seventies be without Blondie's Heart of Glass? We still can't figure out what she's saying, but it sounds cool. And Star Wars disco!

You know, I did not remember the Chips intro. But how could I forget Greatest American Hero? My cartilage is still split from that fall!

VSL Poltroon said...

I like John Denver and I'm proud of it!

The VSL Poltroon