Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Random thoughts

Well, maybe "thoughts" is going too far. I don't do much thinking these days, what with the 4-5 hours of very interrupted sleep I get per night. Thank God for Marty, who lets me catch up on weekends and the occasional weeknight. I've always been a champion sleeper, and now my little Champion is not a sleeper -- either there's an irony there or I'm so tired I think there's an irony there. :)
Anyway, here's the random stuff floating in my head:
  • I'm so flipping STOKED for the new season of Project Runway to premiere this Thursday. Who knew that Lifetime, of all networks, would save one of the best shows ever from cancellation? Lifetime: Television for Women -- and Cool People!
Of course I have to mention again that when we were in New York in November, we walked right past THE building and I was so tempted to go in and find me some Tim Gunn!
  • I am enjoying my new favorite fragrance -- "Beachy" from Lilly Pulitzer. We picked this up when we were in Indiana -- Marty and Will and I had a fabulous time shopping at Von Maur (Daddy let Mama get some fun treats!) And I have to confess I didn't even know about Lilly Pulitzer until I moved to the South. If you don't know who and what I'm talking about, go here and here to read!
  • Right now I have a baby sleeping on my chest, yet I'm typing. How is this magic achieved, you ask? With the help of my new favorite possession, a Baby Bjorn!
p.s. -- did they purposely get an Angelina Jolie lookalike for this ad? Is she the face of modern motherhood, I wonder?
  • Since the thought of reading anything of substance only makes me more tired, I'm delving into the lighter reading/chick-lit section of the stack of books I bought to read while on maternity leave (what was I thinking?). I'm currently reading this and, of course, shamelessly loving it.
  • Finally, my friend Kristen called me this morning to tell me she's expecting a baby GIRL. This is quite the news, as she's had a "decade of boy" now (she has two sons) and didn't dare hope for a girl. But the ultrasound this morning revealed a dream come true! I have to say, I can't wait to have a girl. Okay, yes I can wait. For awhile. Until the stretch marks from my pregnancy with Will fade a tad, at least! But I would L-O-V-E to have a daughter, and I'm so excited that Kristen is getting her baby girl. She's getting a chandelier for her nursery! How chic is that? Congrats again, my Kristen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen, I hope you read this because I don't have your e-mail address and I can't wait until Sunday to congratulate you!!! A baby girl! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm very excited for a new Project Runway, too. Christopher can't stand to even listen to it, but I love it. I love both Heidi and Tim.

The Shabby Princess said...

Yay for chick lit! You need some good silly reading. And way to go on the new Lilly perfume--I bet it smells ah-maze-ing!

Kristen said...

I was so loving your post and then I got to the last bit and got teary. I know, it's probably hugely associated with the hormones, but I've been overwhelmed by everyone's excitement for us. And you know, as usual, Beck, you sum it all up -a decade of boy. Never thought of it, but yes, it's indeed been a long time in coming!