Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Answers

Here are my answers thus far (but keep questions coming, this is nice and distracting!):

Katie asked me: Who is your favorite Muppet? Well, my dear sister, I think you might have guessed this one, and it is probably the easiest question I have ever answered (though certainly no one has bothered to ask me before!)...it's gotta be the great Miss Piggy. With her inimitable style, her OCD ways (obsess much over Kermie?), and her wicked sense of humor, she's a girl we can all identify with!
Kate asked me: If you had to choose a new field of study and work, what would it be? No regard to schooling cost or time. If you've seen the movie "Possession," I could probably explain it to you pretty easily...

I would be some kind of literary researcher in a great, grand museum in London somewhere, and I'd unearth extraordinary secrets and muck about England (with Marty) uncovering all the facts, and then I'd write a thrilling bestseller and make piles of money and just do it all over again with a new, unearthed secret. After taking a very long holiday in a villa on the Mediterranean with Marty.

Sarah asked me: If you could only listen to 5 cds, what would they be? Sarah gets the prize for asking the hardest question. Well, let me start off with a basic, 1) ABBA's Greatest Hits. That's just a no-brainer. ABBA is my favorite, favorite, favorite band of all time, and I could karaoke probably every hit song they produced. Marty could even tell you my favorite songs in order, starting with "Dancing Queen" (duh), and then "Take a Chance on Me" and moving further down the line...Their music just makes me happy! Hmm, then I'd have to include 2) John Denver's Greatest Hits. Don't judge me or tell me the 70's called and want their music back. Those songs remind me of the happiest times in my childhood, and I can hear my dad singing "Sunshine on My Shoulder" and "Annie's Song." His music comforts me. Another great comforting voice would have to be 3) Dolly Parton, and I'd need some kind of greatest hits compilation of hers, too. I just hear Dolly's voice and I know it's all going to be better. And when I'm in a light and happy mood, I sing "Love is Like a Butterfly" over and over. Perfect. Okay, then I'd have to have some gay British pop, which is probably one of my favorite subgenres, and the best of the best is, of course, 4) Erasure (POP! 20 Hits). Just like with John Denver, I have great memories of my sister Sarah and all these songs. Finally...gosh, this is REALLY hard...I think I'd have to cheat again and go with 5) some kind of compilation of praise and worship songs, like one of the WOW collections. Going through life and never hearing Amy Grant's "Lead Me On?" Or "In Christ Alone?" Or "Redeemer" by Nicole C. Mullen? No, I don't think so...those songs are mine!

Well, there they are, my answers in all their glory. Thanks girls, for submitting questions and giving me some lovely mental distraction (and thanks, Sarah, for letting me cheat a bit on my answers). All I can say further is, please send more! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since we both love fashion... Between Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn, whose style do you prefer? Any other fashion icons (past or present)?

The Shabby Princess said...

Girl, it's no wonder we're friends--I'd take ABBA and Dolly Parton in a heartbeat. Would you judge me if I told you that when I was a kid I recorded a Dolly Parton Christmas special and watched it for YEARS?? I really want to go to Dollywood.... I'm serious.

Unknown said...

Becky dearest - if one had a gift for someone and needed to mail it where might one send it??? :) email me - emily.golbov@gmail.com! WE MISS YOU!