Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, November 6, 2008

sage words

Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.

There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."

If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.

~C.S. Lewis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your last two posts, Wormie. They have really penetrated. I have begun to re-realize that I am in this world but not of it, to focus on the next life and not so much this one, and to be proud to stand tall and declare to the world that I am a child of God.

Kate said...

Pretty bloggie!
And made all the prettier by Jack.

Becky said...

Yes, I finally figured out how to change the template, but I still can't seem to figure out how to make Blogger send me emails when someone leaves a comment. It used to do that and randomly stopped! I hate being a technical ignoramus in a technical world like blogging.

Sar said...

B, I love your quote from C.S. Lewis. I told Garrett that he could get me anything C.S. Lewis from Family Christian store for Christmas. Garrett's reply: If I got you two C.S. Lewis books, but they were the same, would that be great?! That's my Garrett!!